Meet Me in Marana (formerly Meet Me at Boston’s)
We are pleased to announce an exciting development in our free Wednesday walk/run! Thanks to the Town of Marana Parks & Recreation Department, we will be re-branding our Meet Me at Boston’s event to Meet Me in Marana and moving it from it’s current location on Arizona Pavilions to a new venue in Silverbell Crossroads Park (at Ramada 5, immediately east of the library building). The park is at the northeast corner of Silverbell and Cortaro, just two minutes from the I-10. Our first meeting at the new location will be on Wednesday September 7.
We’ll be retaining all the regular features of the ‘old’ event:
• A fun low-key social walk/run along the Santa Cruz River and around the new Silverbell Crossroads Park. Different distance options are available, from 2 miles upwards.
• Free weekly raffle drawings for all participants
• Discount coupons to local restaurants for all participants.
• Free event t-shirt after eight attendances.
• Registration will open from 5:00pm and we’ll be there on site until around 7:00pm, every week, come rain, sun, dust storms or any other impediment! If there’s a Wednesday in the week, Meet Me in Marana will be happening.
• We welcome anyone who wants to walk, jog or run in a social and friendly atmosphere. We’re open to all ages and ability levels; baby strollers are welcome; children (supervised) are welcome, dogs (leashed) are welcome. The route is ADA-compatible.
• Here’s the best part – it’s absolutely FREE ! Just turn up, sign the one-time only registration form and you are good to go!
Meet Me in Marana is produced in collaboration with the following sponsors and partners:
Town of Marana Parks and Rec. Dept
Southern Arizona Roadrunners
Marana Health Center
Marana Chamber of Commerce
Marana Unified School District