Want to get ready for the TMC Get Moving Tucson Half-Marathon, featuring A-Mountain? Then join the Southern Arizona Roadrunners at weekly social runs every Monday night. Groups will leave from the Meet Me at Maynard’s weekly run at 5:45 and 6:00 pm—meet at 400 North Toole and look for the A-Mountain folks. The route from Maynard’s is almost exactly 6 miles—you can view it here.. We’ll start at Maynard’s and go straight west on Congress about 1.5 miles to the road up A-Mountain. We’ll go up and down, then back along Congress to the finish at Maynard’s. You can go farther or shorter as you wish . . .
RULES OF THE ROAD
* Bring water, wear bright colored shirt, bring a flashlight lights if you will be out past 7:00 pm
* Watch for traffic on A-Mountain – stay outside the white lines, run facing traffic when possible.
* The route is counter-clockwise, so for the final 360-degree loop you will be running with traffic. Watch for cars—some cars go too fast. Please be vigilant!
Training Tip: If you’re worried about being able to do the whole thing, give yourself three weeks to complete the whole route.
1. In Week One, turn back at Cuesta and Belle Vista Street, part way up the hill (about 4.0 miles total).
2. In Week Two, turn back at the split in the road (about 5 miles total).
3. In Week Three, complete the whole top-of-the-mountain loop.