**THE 2021 VERSION OF THIS EVENT WILL BE VIRTUAL ONLY**
Due to safety concerns from the ongoing pandemic SAR has decided this event will be virtual only for 2021.
* If you deferred from the 2020 event to the 2021 event, you can choose to either do the virtual race for 2021, or defer to the 2022 event.
* New virtual registrations can be done online at runsignup.com prior to Sunday, March 21, 2021.
* Run your virtual race from Sunday, March 21, 2021 through Saturday, March 27, 2021.
* Run the 5K, 10K, or both (Dave's Double) course of your choice.
* Log your finish time in an area that will be posted here prior to March 21.
* Pick up your cool race t-shirt and medal at The Running Shop From Monday, March 22, 2021 through Saturday, April 4, 2021.
**REGULAR EVENT INFO BELOW**
Dave’s Run for ALS is an event for runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. The event is named for the late David Filer who was an avid runner, active SAR member, and local business owner. David was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, in the summer of 2000. Currently there is no cure for this fatal disease. A portion of the proceeds from the event will go specifically for ALS research, via the Jim Himelic foundation. Race distances are 10K, 5K and FitKidz and Family 1 Mile Run/Walk. Or, you can choose DAVE's DOUBLE and run both the 5K and 10K on the same day! Awards for 10K & 5K in 5 year age groups.
WHERE: Curtis Park near River and La Cholla. The park is on Curtis road just west of the 'Sporting Chance' building.
OVERVIEW: The 21st annual Dave's Run for ALS is an event for runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. The event honors the late David Filer who was an avid runner, active SAR member, and local business owner. David was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, in the summer of 2000. Currently there is no cure for this fatal disease. A portion of the proceeds from the event will go specifically for ALS research, via the Jim Himelic foundation.
PACKET PICKUP: Saturday, May 23, 2020 from 10am - 1pm at The Running Shop at 3055 N Campbell Blvd.
TOP 10 REASONS TO DO THIS EVENT:
- MEDALS: Medals for every finsher of the 5K & 10K!
- TECH SHIRT: Technical running shirt for every registrant of the 5K & 10K!
- FREE: eegees for participants!
- FREE: bagels (most likely), fruit and snacks!
- FREE: kids activities such as facepainting and jumping castle!
- FREE: coffee courtesy of our amazing friends from Team Hoyt Arizona!
- TEAM PRIZE: team with most 5K & 10K registrants wins FREE eegees party worth $150!
- FLAT AND FAST COURSES: USATF certified flat and fast courses (electronically chip timed)
- FUN FOR WHOLE FAMILY: One Mile FitKidz (FREE for kids 12&under) and Family Run/Walk
- EARN POINTS: The 5K race is part of The Running Shop SAR Grand Prix series.
*PLEASE NOTE ONLY THE 5K IS PART OF THE RUNNING SHOP GRAND PRIX!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Please click HERE to help out!
DAVE'S DOUBLE: What is DAVE's DOUBLE? It is a special challenge for those that want to test their mettle by racing the 5K and 10K back to back! Sound a little out there? It is, but it has become amazingly popular!
RACE DIRECTOR: Steve Outridge. Contact Steve here.
Date and Time
IN-PERSON EVENT CANCELLED. RACE NOW VIRTUAL ONLY:
**Run your virtual race on the course of your choice from Sunday, March 21, 2021 through Saturday, March 27, 2021
Sunday, May 21, 2021
6:30 AM - 5K Run/Walk
7:40 AM - 10K
7:45 AM - 1 Mile FitKidz & Family Run/Walk
There will be no overall or age group awards for this virtual event.
All participants that complete the virtual event will receive an event shirt and cool finisher medal.
THERE WILL BE NO PACKET PICKUP OR RACE DAY REGISTRATION FOR 2021
Jim Himelic Foundation for ALS
Pima County Parks and Recreation