Dave’s Run for ALS is an event for runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. The event is named for the late David Filer who was an avid runner, active SAR member, and local business owner. David was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, in the summer of 2000. Currently there is no cure for this fatal disease. A portion of the proceeds from the event will go specifically for ALS research, via the Jim Himelic foundation.
- USATF certified and sanctioned 5K flat and fast course (electronically chip timed)
- One Mile Family Fitness Fun Run/Walk (not timed)
- Special award for best age-graded performance, male and female
- Free Kid’s Race sponsored by Craig Dabler, Jewelers
- Plenty of fun activities for kids including a jumping castle obstacle course!
This race is part of The Running Shop Grand Prix, produced by SAR.
Date and Time
Sunday, March 15, 2015
8:30 AM (5K Competitive Run/Walk)
Following the start of the 5K (1 Mile Family Fitness Fun Run/Walk)
Awards are limited to the competitive 5K run/walk
Awards will be given for first 3 in the open overall and master’s categories and in 5-year age groups.
All participants will receive an official event t-shirt and will be eligible for raffle prizes!
A portion of the race proceeds will benefit ALS research through the JIm Himelic Foundation.
Town of Marana and Marana Parks and Recreation.