Dave’s Run for ALSSunday, March 17, 2013 / 5k & 1 mile Family fun run
Dave’s Run for ALS is an event for runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. The event is named for the late David Filer who was an avid runner, active SAR member, and local business owner. David was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, in the summer of 2000. Currently there is no cure for this fatal disease. A portion of the proceeds from the event will go specifically for ALS research, via the Jim Himelic foundation.
- USATF certified and sanctioned 5K flat and fast course (electronically chip timed)
- One Mile Family Fitness Fun Run/Walk (not timed)
- Special award for best age-graded performance, male and female
- Free Kid’s Race sponsored by Craig Dabler, Jewelers
- Plenty of fun activities for kids including a jumping castle obstacle course!
This race is part of The Running Shop Grand Prix, produced by SAR.
Date and Time
Sunday, March 17, 2013
8:30 AM (5K Competitive Run/Walk)
Following the start of the 5K (1 Mile Family Fitness Fun Run/Walk)
Race Distances and Courses
Dave’s Run for ALS: A fast and accurately measured USATF certified and sanctioned 5K course
around the beautiful new Crossroads at Silverbell Park in Marana, AZ.
Family Fitness Fun Run/Walk: approximately 1 mile
Crossroads at Silverbell park. Cortaro road exit off I-10 in Marana, AZ. Head west to Silverbell and then south to the main park entrance.
Dave’s Run for ALS - 5K
$20 - SAR Member by 3/10/13
$22 - Non-SAR Member by 3/10/13
$27 - After 3/10/13 and on Race Day
Family Fitness Fun Run/Walk
$17 - All
- Print Registration Form and mail it in. Registration by mail must be postmarked by Monday, March 11, 2013.
- Register online with a credit card at active.com.
- You can print the form here on this site and mail it in with your payment or you may drop off printed registrations anytime at The Running Shop up to March 16th, 2013. Please note that only cash or checks are accepted for payment.
- Race Day Registration is from 7:00am to 8:00am at Crossroads at Silverbell Park. Please note that only cash or checks are accepted for payment.
Packet Pick-up will be held the day before the race, Saturday, March 16, 2013, from 10am - 2pm at The Running Shop, 3055 N Campbell Ave Suite 153.
Packet Pick-up will also be available race morning from 7-8am.
Awards are limited to the competitive 5K run/walk
Awards will be given for first 3 in the open overall and master’s categories and in 5-year age groups.
All participants will receive an official event t-shirt and will be eligible for raffle prizes!
A portion of the race proceeds will benefit ALS research through the JIm Himelic Foundation.
In addition, the co-Race Director Steve Outridge (also SAR President) is challenging you to raise more money for ALS than he can. CAN YOU DO IT? If someone can meet this challenge you can shave what relatively little hair he has left off right there after the race using his own electric clippers! Donating on-line is secure, safe and easy! Simply follow the instructions in the document below! Or, print out the paper registration form from the website and use the section for donations to the Jim Himelic Foundation and mail in your payment to SAR (we will get it to the Foundation). One hundred percent of the donations sent directly to the U of A through the Jim Himelic Foundation go to ALS Research. There’s is no current cure for ALS. Let’s help change that, together! DaveDonation.doc
Town of Marana and Marana Parks and Recreation.
We can’t promise perfect weather as we were reminded last year! However, temperatures are usually around 55 degrees F, with clear skies, and little or no wind. Check out Tucson’s current conditions and forecast so you’ll be race-ready! We’ve asked the rain to stay away…
Results2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 |
- Contact the Southern Arizona Roadrunners Hotline at (520) 326-9383 for more information.