**THE 2021 VERSION OF THIS EVENT WILL BE VIRTUAL ONLY**
The St. Patrick's Day committee has determined that an in person St. Patrick's Day Parade will not be possible this year in order to ensure people remain safe from the ongoing pandemic and therefore, SAR's Desert Leprechaun event will be virtual only for 2021.
* If you deferred from the 2020 event to the 2021 event, you can choose to either do the virtual race for 2021, or defer to the 2022 event.
* New virtual registrations can be done online at runsignup.com prior to Sunday, March 14, 2021.
* Run your virtual 5K from Sunday, March 14, 2021 through Saturday, March 20, 2021.
* Run the 5K course of your choice.
* Log your finish time in an area that will be posted here prior to March 14.
* Pick up your cool race t-shirt and medal at The Running Shop From Sunday, March 14, 2021 through Saturday, March 27, 2021.
REGULAR EVENT INFO BELOW
Southern Arizona Roadrunners (SAR) is very pleased and proud to announce a new running and walking event coming to downtown Tucson in partnership with the iconic Tucson St. Patrick's Day Parade Festival. It's a St. Patrick's Day party like no other!
DATE: Sunday, March 14, 2021
WHERE: Near Armory Park and the Tucson Children's Museum
WHEN: 7:30am - Registration begins
8:30am - One Mile begins
9:00am - 5K begins
9:45am - 5K award ceremony
10:00am - Tucson St. Patrick's Day Festival Begins
11:00am - Tucson St. Patrick's Day Parade Begins
ROUTE: Using the Tucson St. Patrick's Day Parade route
PACKET PICKUP: 10:00am - 1pm Saturday, 3/13/2021 at The Running Shop, 3055 N Campbell Ave #153, Tucson, AZ 85719
* Totally unique, custom finisher medal for 5K (first 350 finishers)
* One FREE beer at the festival with your race entry (only for those over 21 years old, of course!) for both 5K and 1M entrants
* Custom Race Shirts for 5K in both men's and women's sizes (while supplies last. Packet Pickup and Race Day registrations may not get a shirt)
* Lots of great activities at the Festival starting at 10am including Food Vendors, Merchandize Vendors and a super cool Kids Zone. Many of the items at the festival, such as the food, much of the merchandize, etc., have a cost associated with them that is not included in your race entry fee.
* Both the men's and women's winner of the 5K will get to be in the parade
* and so much more.
Bring your entire family out in the morning to get your run or walk on, and then stay for the amazing parade and festival. It will be an experience you won't soon forget!
We at SAR are very proud to continue the long running tradition associated with the festival by Steve Taggart and the great folks at Tagg Running Events.
A portion of the event proceeds will be donated to the Children of Fallen Officers Scholarship Fund.
For more information on the myriad happenings with the parade and festival please visit https://www.tucsonstpatricksday.com/.
There will be no age group or overall awards but all virtual 5K finishers will receive a cool t-shirt and finisher medal.
For more information on the parade and festival please visit https://www.tucsonstpatricksday.com/
Tucson St. Partrick's Day Parade and Festival