This is the one, the only, the original -- the event that started the FitKidz craze! Join 300 or so other kids in celebrating and promoting fitness on a morning dedicated to only the kids and giving them the full race experience!
The 7th Annual Sabino Canyon One Mile FitKidz Classic will take place at the beautiful Sabino Canyon, on United States Forest Service Land, on National Public Lands Day, Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 7:15am. National Public Lands Day means there is no fee for entering the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area! This race is FREE and ONLY FOR KIDS up to middle school age (all kids not yet in middle school). This is the first race of the fall season in the FitKidz racing series produced by SAR and we promise this will be the biggest and best FitKidz event ever!
IF AT ALL POSSIBLE PLEASE REGISTER YOUR KIDS PRIOR TO RACE DAY ON LINE AT ACTIVE.COM OR BY PRINTING THE FORM AND MAILING IT IN PRIOR TO THE POSTMARK DATE. RACE MORNING IS VERY BUSY AND ALTHOUGH REGISTRATIONS ARE AVAILABLE PRIOR TO THE RACE START IT IS MUCH EASIER FOR YOU ALL AND US IF YOU HAVE PRE-REGISTERED FOR THE EVENT!
There is no separate packet pickup for this event. Pick up your bib before the race at Sabino Canyon, so make sure to arrive early!
For more information on FitKidz, click here.
Date and Time
Saturday, September 28, 2019, 7:15am
All finishers will receive a finishing medal (special for the Sabino FitKidz Race) and the top 3 boys and girls will receive a special prize!
1. Carpool, Carpool, Carpool. Did we mention that it would be best to carpool as much as possible? Please park at either of the schools just north and west of the main Sabino Canyon Parking Lot. There will be signs and volunteers to direct you. There will be a short walk from the overflow lot to the Start/Finish area, located at mile post 0 on the main road into the canyon. DO NOT PARK ALONG SABINO CANYON ROAD. IF YOU PARK THERE YOU WILL BE TICKETED OR TOWED.
2. PLAN ON ARRIVING EARLY - WELL BEFORE 7AM, to ensure you have plenty of time to make it down to the Start/Finish area to pick up your bib and t-shirt. This will also give you time to enjoy some of the pre-race activities such as face painting and fun work out and stretching drills.
3. YES, THERE WILL BE RACE DAY REGISTRATION ALLOWED BUT PLEASE REGISTER PRIOR TO RACE DAY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE! Again, please arrive early so that you have ample time to fill out the registration form. Registration and packet pickup (for those who have pre-registered) will open at 6:15am and close promptly at 7:00am.
4. If your child does not yet have a FitKidz t-shirt they can pick up a free one on race morning. If they already have a FitKidz shirt please have them wear it to the race!
5. YES, PARENTS MAY RUN WITH THEIR CHILDREN! However, only the kids will be timed. We will have a special waiver form for parents / guardians to sign if they plan on running with their kids!
6. This event is being put on in conjunction with the Friends of Sabino Canyon (FOSC) which does fantastic work making the canyon a safe and fun place for us to visit. The FOSC will be there at the event with us with some information and cool free stuff for the kids. Make sure you stop by and thank them!
7. All finishers will receive a cool medal and the top 3 boys and girls finishers will receive a special trophy!
8. Please only register kids that are not yet in middle school.
Interested in donating to help the SAR FitKidz program thrive? Visit http://www.active.com/donate/SARFitKidz to make a tax deducatable donation that will go directly towards the FitKidz program!
The SAR Sabino Canyon FitKidz One Mile Classic is produced with the help of the Friends of Sabino Canyon.