The 3nd Annual Sabino Canyon FitKidz One Mile Kids Classic will take place at the beautiful Sabino Canyon on National Public Lands Day, Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 7:30am. National Public Lands Day means there is no fee for parking at the Canyon’s main lot! This race is FREE and for kids up to middle school age (all kids not yet in middle school). This is the first race of the fall season in the FitKidz racing series produced by SAR. For more information on FitKidz, click here. If you would like to volunteer at this race, fill out the online form here.
Saturday, September 26, 2015, 7:30am
All finishers will receive a finishing ribbon and the top 3 boys and girls will receive a special prize!
Important Updates: 9/25/2015:
1. Carpool, Carpool, Carpool. Did I mention that it would be best to carpool as much as possible? The park has requested we not park in the main canyon lot, but rather use the SARA (Southern Arizona Rescue Association) lot which is north and east of the main canyon parking lot. You will drive past the entrance to the main canyon lot and go about another .3 of a mile north before taking a right and heading up to the SARA lot. There will be signs and volunteers to direct you. There will be about 1/2 mile walk from the overflow lot to the Start/Finish area, located at mile post 0 on the main road into the canyon. DO NOT PARK AT EITHER OF THE SCHOOLS ON THE WEST SIDE OF SABINO CANYON ROAD TO THE WEST OF THE PARK. WE DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION FOR FOLKS TO PARK THERE AND YOU MAY GET A TICKET OR TOWED.
2. PLAN ON ARRIVING EARLY - WELL BEFORE 7AM, to ensure you have plenty of time to make it down to the Start/Finish area to pick up your bib and t-shirt. This will also give you time to enjoy some of the pre-race activities such as face painting and fun work out and stretching drills.
3. YES, THERE WILL BE RACE DAY REGISTRATION ALLOWED. Again, please arrive early so that you have ample time to fill out the registration form. Registration and packet pickup (for those who have pre-registered) will open at 6:30am and close promptly at 7:15am.
4. ON-LINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
5. If your child does not yet have a FitKidz t-shirt they can pick up a free one on race morning. If they already have a FitKidz shirt please have them wear it to the race!
6. YES, PARENTS MAY RUN WITH THEIR CHILDREN! However, only the kids will be timed. We will have a special waiver form for parents / guardians to sign if they plan on running with their kids!
7. This event is being put on in conjunction with the Friends of Sabino Canyon (FOSC) which does fantastic work making the canyon a safe and fun place for us to visit. The FOSC will be there at the event with us with some information and cool free stuff for the kids. Make sure you stop by and thank them!
8. Our FitKidz events are made possible through not only the hard work of our SAR Board Members and volunteers, but also our sponsors, Tucson Medical Center, Champ Youth Kids, Spirit Messingham at Tierra Antingua Realty and Eegees. Interested in donating to help the SAR FitKidz program thrive? Visit http://www.active.com/donate/SARFitKidz to make a tax deducatable donation that will go directly towards the FitKidz program!
9. All finishers will receive a cool ribbon and the top 3 boys and girls finishers will receive a special medal!
10. Please only register kids that are not yet in middle school.
Interested in donating to help the SAR FitKidz program thrive? Visit http://www.active.com/donate/SARFitKidz to make a tax deducatable donation that will go directly towards the FitKidz program!
The SAR Sabino Canyon 1 Mile Kids Classic is produced with the help of the Friends of Sabino Canyon.
Half mile out and back (one mile total) on the main road into the majestic Sabino Canyon.
Sabino Canyon, 5700 N. Sabino Canyon Rd, Tucson, AZ