Race Distances and Courses
1 mile out and back on the main road into the majestic Sabino Canyon.
Sabino Canyon, 5700 N. Sabino Canyon Rd, Tucson, AZ
Important Updates: 9/21/2014:
1. Carpool, Carpool, Carpool. Did I mention that it would be best to carpool as much as possible? The main canyon lot holds many vehicles but Saturday mornings are very busy at Sabino Canyon. This one will be busier than normal because this is National Public Lands Day so parking is free and there are also a number of other special events being held. There will be some overflow parking (signs will guide you to it if it is needed) but there will be about 1/2 mile walk from the overflow lot to the Start/Finish area, located at mile post 0 on the main road into the canyon.
2. PLAN ON ARRIVING EARLY - WELL BEFORE 7AM, to ensure you get a good parking spot and that you have plenty of time to pick up your bib and t-shirt. This will also give you time to enjoy some of the pre-race activities such as face painting and fun work out and stretching drills.
3. YES, THERE WILL BE RACE DAY REGISTRATION ALLOWED. Again, please arrive early so that you have ample time to fill out the registration form. Registration and packet pickup (for those who have pre-registered) will open at 6:30am and close promptly at 7:15am.
4. ON-LINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE THURSDAY, 9/25/14, AT MIDNIGHT.
5. If your child does not yet have a FitKidz t-shirt they can pick up a free one on race morning. If they already have a FitKidz shirt please have them wear it to the race!
6. YES, PARENTS MAY RUN WITH THEIR CHILDREN! However, only the kids will be timed. We will have a special waiver form for parents / guardians to sign if they plan on running with their kids!
7. This event is being put on in conjunction with the Friends of Sabino Canyon (FOSC) which does fantastic work making the canyon a safe and fun place for us to visit. The FOSC will be there at the event with us with some information and cool free stuff for the kids. Make sure you stop by and thank them!
8. Our FitKidz events are made possible through not only the hard work of our SAR Board Members and volunteers, but also our sponsors, Tucson Medical Center, Champ Youth Kids, Caps & More, The International Wildlife Museum, RRCA Kids Run the Nation Program, Brooks and Mary & Robert.
9. All finishers will receive a cool ribbon and the top 3 boys and girls finishers will receive a special medal!
10. Please only register kids that are not yet in middle school.