Thank you so much for bringing such an awesome vibe to the Southern Arizona Roadrunners 19th Annual Fine Valentine Relay on Feb 8th, 2015. It was the biggest turnout yet with about 350 participants! Huge shout out to all our sponsors and volunteers for making the magic happen.
Couple of things:
1) Take 2 minutes to complete a short post-race survey so we can make next year's 20th Annual event the best yet!
2) Did you win an award but need to pick it up still? Visit The Running Shop at 3055 N Campbell Ave to get your goods!
3) Not sure if you won an award? Check the results here. Top 3 in each category/age group get a prize!
4) Looking for pictures? Visit the SAR Facebook page. There are over 500!
Next year's 20th Annual Fine Valentine Relay will be quite the party! Hope to see you all there!
-Diane, Dari & Alyssa
Race Directors at Southern Arizona Roadrunners
Want a morning full of running, mimosas, costume contests, p.d.a exchange zone, group challenge to win a keg and more!? Be part of a race that was featured on by Runners World as races that get you feeling the love! True loves, best buds and solo runners are all welcome!
Need to know info:
When: TBD. Tentatively Sunday, February 14th, 2016. Gun goes off at 8:30am.
Where: Staging area at Main Gate Square outside of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave). Start line in front of UofA's Centennial Hall.
- -4 mile Couple’s Relay (Sweethearts, Just Friends & Parent-Child categories)
- -Individual 4 mile race
- -2 mile fitness walk/jog
- Optional team challenge to win a keg!
- -Free kids dash after the main races
- -Costume & PDA Contest: All event particpants are eligble for costume contest awards!
Registration & Packet Pick-Up Options:
- -Register online by midnight Thursday, February 11th, 2016.
- -Registration & packet pick-up at the Running Shop on Campbell Saturday, February 13th, 2016 from 11am-2pm
- -Race morning registration & packet pick-up from 7am-8am in front of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave)
Post-Race Awards Party at Gentle Ben's:
- -We'll have some free snacks & coffee as normal but remember to bring your wallet & ID because you can purchase brunch, mimosa & bloody mary specials during the awards ceremony as well! Stay tuned for more details! Added Bonus: First mimosa or bloody mary to all Southern Arizona Roadrunners members that do the race is free! Learn how to become a member here!
T-Shirts: Stay tuned for details on 2016 shirts
4 mile couple’s relay: Two team members each run approximately 2 miles. Each team member will run up one set of football stadium ramps! See Couple’s categories below. NOTE: you do not have to be a romantic couple to be in the couple’s relay. Just register in the “Just Friends” category if you and your teammate are strictly platonic! However, to receive any awards you do need to demonstrate some form of Public Display of Affection, otherwise known as PDA.
Group challenge: Win a Keg! Gather 4 to 7 relay teams and let us know what organization/group you are with when you register. The top 4 teams’ times in your group will be tallied. Lowest time wins! The grand prize for the team challenge will be a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's Brewing Co! (ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions.). All relay teams that wish to participate in the group challenge must register & join/form their group before race day.
4 mile (approximate) individual ramp run race: The individual race will be two loops, which means two sets of football stadium ramps!
2 mile non-competitive walk/jog: The 2 mile walk/jog is designed to promote daily exercise, so bring the whole family along!
Free children’s race after the main races
Post-race festivities: Awards, snacks, mimosas, costume judging, Ben’s Bells booth, photo booth and more!
Date and Time
The 20th anniversary of the event is tentatively planned for Valentines Day - February 14th, 2016. Check back later this year to confirm!
4 Mile Couple’s Relay: Winners will receive date night prizes sponsored by various Main Gate merchants and other local businesses. Participants in the Couples Relay category are not eligible for individual awards. Pick your category:
- 1) Sweethearts (in a relationship): Combined Age Under 60, Combined Age 60 to 89, Combined Age 90 plus
- 2) “Just Friends”: Combined Age Under 60, Combined Age 60 to 89, Combined Age 90 plus
- 3) Parent-Child
4 Mile Individual Race: Top finishers overall and top three in 10-year age categories will receive awards sponsored by The Running Shop, Main Gate merchants and other local businesses.
Costume contest: Special prizes for best cotumes & best PDA. All event particpants are eligble!
Group challenge: Win a Keg! Gather 4 to 7 relay teams and let us know what organization/group you are with when you register. The top 4 teams’ times in your group will be tallied. Lowest time wins! The grand prize for the team challenge will be a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's Brewing Co! (ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions.) All relay teams that wish to participate in the group challenge must register & join/form their group before race day.
This year’s race will benefit Ben’s Bells Project. Their mission is to inspire, educate and motivate each other to realize the impact of intentional kindness and to empower individuals to act according to that awareness, thereby strengthening our selves, our relationships and our communities.
Thanks to Main Gate, Spirit Messingham at Tierra Antigua Realty, The Running Shop, Gentle Ben's Brewing, Ingils Florists, Dunkin Donuts, Advancing Massage Therapy & Paradise Bakery.
Also thanks to all of our 2015 prize donors: Main Gate Square,The Running Shop, Advancing Massage Therapy, Lodge on the Desert, Reilly Craft Pizza, The Loft Cinemas, The Rialto, Pionic, Taco Urbano, Graze, Roadhouse Cinemas, The Fix, Brooklyn Pizza, Sky Bar, 4th Ave Yoga, Lululemon, Ragin Sage, BrushFire BBQ and more!