Be part of the event that was featured by Runners World as a race that gets you feeling the love! True loves, best buds and solo runners/walkers are all welcomed at this fun race and post-race brunch! 100% of race profits go to charity! Last year over $7000 was donated - half to Ben's Bells Project and half to Southern Arizona Roadrunners' own programming such as the Children's Fitness Fund.
Stay updated by joining the facebok event page!
Need to know info:
- -Relay and individual race options
- -Free post-race hot breakfast at Gentle Ben's
- -Mimosa and bloody mary specials availavle for purchase at the awards party
- -First mimosa free to SAR members thanks to Spirit Messingham, PLLC at Tierra Antigua Realty
- -Festive PDA relay exchange zone
- -Costume & PDA contest
- -Course includes UofA stadium ramps and Chapman Automotive Cheer Zone
- -Optional Fed By Threads race shirts
- -Group challenge to win a keg from Gentle Ben's Brewing Co
- -Benefits Ben's Bells Project!
When: Sunday, February 12th, 2017. Gun goes off at 8:30am.
Where: Staging area at Main Gate Square outside of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave). Start line in front of UofA's Centennial Hall.
Race Cap: The race is capped at 750 entrants. Last year we sold out so sign up early!
- Race Options (Each lap includes one set of UofA stadium ramps!)
- - 4 mile Relay: 2-person relay where each person runs a 2-mile lap. Friends, sweethearts & family members can be a team! Relays must show some form of PDA (Public Display of Affection) at the PDA Exchange Zone and at the awards ceremony to be eligible for prizes!
- - 4 mile individual race: 2 laps of the course
- - 2 mile fitness walk/jog: 1 lap of the couse
- - Free kids' dash after the main race
Group challenge: Win a Keg! Get your running group, company, or group of friends to sign up and let us know what group you are with when you register (all race options count)! The group with the most participants wins a keg gift certificate from Gentle Ben's/Barrio Brewing Co.! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize and you must sign up BEFORE race day!
- More Fun Contests:
- - Costume Contest - Best costume duos win date night prizes!
- - PDA Contest - Date night gift certificate for most creative PDA at the PDA Exchange Zone!
Brunch & Mimosa Post-Race Awards Party at Gentle Ben's:
- - Free egg and potato with bacon breakfast for all participants during the awards party at Gentle Ben's!
- - Mimosa & bloody mary specials for purchase during the awards party! Don't forget your wallet & ID!
- - First mimosa to all Southern Arizona Roadrunners members that do the race is free thanks to Spirit Messingham PLLC at Tierra Antigua Realty! Learn how to become a member here!
- - Kind Valentine, Ben's Bells booth, sponsor booths & photo booth
Optional Pre-Order Race Shirts: Be sure to register by 1/28/17 to ensure your chance to purchase an optional Fed By Threads race shirt for $12 each. Shirts from Tucson based Fed by Threads are American-made, super soft and proceeds help feed Americans in need! Last year we sold out of shirts. Shirts will feature this awesome design:
Date and Time
February 12th, 2017
Results will be gun timed. Please allow faster runners to line up towards the front to ensure a safe start!
4 Mile Relay: Top three in each category win a date night prize: Combined age under 60, Combined age 60-79, Combined age 80-99, Combined age 100-119, Combined age 120+. Remember - you don't need to be a romantic duo but you do have to show some form of PDA to claim a prize!
4 Mile Individual Race: Top finishers overall and top three in 10-year age categories will receive awards sponsored by The Running Shop and other local businesses.
Costume contest: First place costume wins a date night prize! More great prizes for runners up!
PDA Contest: Most creative Public Display of Affection at the exchange zone wins a date night prize
Group challenge: Largest group wins a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's Brewing Co./Barrio Brewing! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions. To count as a member of your group you must sign up BEFORE race day!
This year’s race will benefit Ben’s Bells Project. Their mission is to inspire, educate and motivate each other to realize the impact of intentional kindness and to empower individuals to act according to that awareness, thereby strengthening our selves, our relationships and our communities.
Thanks to Main Gate Square, Spirit Messingham at Tierra Antigua Realty, Chapman Automotive Group, Arizona Roofing Solutions, Crest Insurance Group, The Running Shop, Inglis Florist, Genesis Crossroads OB/GYN, Craig Dabler Jewelry & Gentle Ben's Brewing.