The Fine Valentine Relay is almost sold out!
We've been feeling the love from all of you and are excited that this year's 20th Anniversary of the event will be the biggest Fine Valentine Race ever! If you would like one of the 30 remaining slots, we recommend you head on over to The Running Shop to register on Saturday from 11am-2pm! This includes the relay, 4-mile race & 2-mile fun walk/run. We will announce here on Saturday afternoon if we will be accepting race day registration but we will likely will be at our limit.
Be part of the event that was featured by Runners World as a race that gets you feeling the love! True loves, best buds and solo runners are all welcome!
Stay up-to-date by joining our facebook event page and following us on instagram @runSAR, #SARvalentine!
Need to know info:
When: Sunday, February 14th, 2016. Gun goes off at 8:30am.
Where: Staging area at Main Gate Square outside of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave). Start line in front of UofA's Centennial Hall.
Race Cap: 30 spots remain! The race will be capped at 700 entrants. There is a chance we will reach our limit before race morning. Secure your spot by signing up this Saturday during packet pick-up at The Running Shop from 11-2!
- Race Options (Each lap includes one set of UofA stadium ramps!)
- - 4 mile Relay: 2-person relay where each person runs a 2-mile lap. Friends, sweethearts & family members can be a team! Relays must show some form of PDA (Public Display of Affection) at the Agility Spine & Sports PDA Exchange Zone and at the awards ceremony to be eligible for prizes!
- - 4 mile individual race: 2 laps of the course
- - 2 mile fitness walk/jog: 1 lap of the couse
- - Free kids' dash after the main race
- - Check your registration data (updated Feb 4th): Here for relay teams and here for 4-Mile Individual Racers and 2-Mile Fun Walkers/Runners. We will update the lists again Feb 12th.
- Registration & Packet Pick-Up Options:
- - Register online by midnight Thursday, February 11th, 2016.
- - Print a form and mail it in by Saturday, February 6th, 2016.
- - Registration & Packet pick-up at the Running Shop on Campbell Saturday, February 13th, 2016 from 11am-2pm.
- - Race morning packet pick-up from 7am-8am outside of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave). Race morning registration will only be open if we have not reached 700 registrants at that time!
Group challenge: Win a Keg! Get your organization, running group, company, or group of friends to sign up and let us know what group you are with when you register! The group with the most participants wins (all race options count)! The grand prize for the group challenge will be a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's/Barrio Brewing Co.! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions. To count as a member of your group you must sign up BEFORE race day! Check here for standings as of Feb 4th!
- More Fun Contests:
- - Costume Contest - Best costume duo wins $100 cash prize donated by Main Gate/Marshall Foundation with other fun prizes for runners up!
- - PDA Contest - $75 dinner for two at Lodge on the Desert for most creative PDA at the Agility Spine & Sports Physical Therapy PDA Exchange Zone!
- - Raffle Table at the SAR info booth - Be sure to put a raffle ticket in before the race!
- Brunch & Mimosa Post-Race Awards Party at Gentle Ben's:
- - Free egg/pancake/bacon breakfast for all participants during the awards party at Gentle Ben's!
- - Mimosa & bloody mary specials for purchase during the awards party! Don't forget your wallet & ID!
- - First mimosa to all Southern Arizona Roadrunners members that do the race is free! Learn how to become a member here!
- - Kind Valentine, Ben's Bells booth, raffle table & photo booth
Optional Pre-Order Race Shirts: Turns out that you guys loved our optional purchase Fed By Threads race shirts as much as we did and we are almost completely sold out! There will be very limited quantities available for purchase race morning for $15. We keep our shirts optional so we can keep our registration fees low. Plus we know some of you love adding to your collection while others have more race shirts than they will ever need. (Thanks Michael Miller at HelixDSGN for the awesome artwork!)
Date and Time
The 20th anniversary of the event is on Valentine's Day - February 14th, 2016.
Results will be gun timed. Please allow faster runners to line up towards the front to ensure a safe start!
4 Mile Relay: Winners will receive date night prizes sponsored by various Main Gate merchants and other local businesses. Participants in the Relay category are not eligible for individual awards. Remember - you don't need to be a romantic duo but you do have to show some form of PDA to claim a prize!
Categories: Combined age under 60, Combined age 60-79, Combined age 80-99, Combined age 100-119, Combined age 120+.
Date gift certificates to great local businesses: Pasco Kitchen and Lounge ($100 to the fastest duo!), Prep & Pastry, Main Gate, Graze, Rocco's Little Chicago Pizzeria, Roadhouse Theaters, Frog n Frickin, Calle-Tepa, Ghini's French Caffe, No Anchovies, The Fix Mac N Cheese, Illegal Pete's, Wilko, Time Market, Sky Bar, Pizza Studio, Espresso Art, Brooklyn Pizza, Casa Video, 4th Ave Yoga, Espresso Art and more!
4 Mile Individual Race: Top finishers overall and top three in 10-year age categories will receive awards sponsored by The Running Shop, Main Gate merchants and other local businesses. Top female and top masters female will also win a gift certificate for Criag Dabler Jewelry.
Costume contest: First place costume wins $100 donated by Main Gate/Marshall Foundation! More great prizes for runners up!
PDA Contest: Most creative Public Display of Affection at the exchange zone wins a $75 dinner for two to Lodge on the Desert!
Group challenge: The grand prize for the group challenge will be a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's Brewing Co./Barrio Brewing! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions. To count as a member of your group you must sign up BEFORE race day!
This year’s race will benefit Ben’s Bells Project. Their mission is to inspire, educate and motivate each other to realize the impact of intentional kindness and to empower individuals to act according to that awareness, thereby strengthening our selves, our relationships and our communities.
Thanks to Agility Spine & Sports Physical Therapy, Main Gate Square, Spirit Messingham at Tierra Antigua Realty, The Running Shop, Inglis Florist, Genesis Crossroads OB/GYN, One to One Photography, Craig Dabler Jewelry & Gentle Ben's Brewing.