Want a morning full of running, mimosas, FREE egg/pancake/bacon breakfast, costume contests, p.d.a exchange zone, group challenge (biggest group) to win a keg and more!?
BONUS: It's on VALENTINES DAY - 2/14/2016!
Be part of a race that was featured on by Runners World as races that get you feeling the love! True loves, best buds and solo runners are all welcome!
Need to know info:
When: Sunday, February 14th, 2016. Gun goes off at 8:30am.
Where: Staging area at Main Gate Square outside of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave). Start line in front of UofA's Centennial Hall.
- -4 mile Relay - 2-person relay where each person runs a 2-mile lap. Friends, sweethearts, family memebrs or even complete strangers can be a team!
- -Flying Solo Individual 4 mile race
- -2 mile fitness walk/jog
- -Free kids dash after the main races
- -Group challenge to win a keg - group with the most participants wins!
- -Costume & PDA Contest: All event particpants are eligble for costume contest awards!
Brunch & Mimosa Post-Race Awards Party at Gentle Ben's:
- -FREE egg/pancake/bacon breakfast for all participants!
- -Mimosa & bloody mary specials for purchase during the awards party! Don't forget your wallet & ID!
- -Added Bonus: First mimosa or bloody mary to all Southern Arizona Roadrunners members that do the race is free! Learn how to become a member here!
Optional (Awesome) Race Tshirts:
- We are so excited to be teaming up with Tucson based Fed By Threads for some super soft organic Made-In-America race shirts that are an optional purchase! Each shirt purchased provides 12 meals to hungry Americans in need! It's a great way to spread some love!
Registration & Packet Pick-Up Options:
- -Register online by midnight Thursday, February 11th, 2016.
- -Registration & packet pick-up at the Running Shop on Campbell Saturday, February 13th, 2016 from 11am-2pm
- -Race morning registration & packet pick-up from 7am-8am in front of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave)
4 mile relay: Two team members each run approximately 2 miles. Each team member will run up one set of football stadium ramps! NOTE: You do not have to be a romantic couple to be in the relay! Friends, lovers, family members or even complete stranger teams are all allowed! However, to receive any awards you do need to demonstrate some form of Public Display of Affection, otherwise known as PDA, at the PDA exchange zone and when you receive your award!
Flying Solo 4 mile individual ramp run race: The individual race will be two loops, which means two sets of football stadium ramps!
2 mile non-competitive walk/jog: The 2 mile walk/jog is designed to promote daily exercise, so bring the whole family along!
Group challenge: Win a Keg! Get your organization, running group, company, group of friends to sign up and let us know what group you are with when you register! The group with the most participants wins (all race options count)! The grand prize for the group challenge will be a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's Brewing Co.! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions. Too count as a member of your group you must sign up BEFORE race day!
Free children’s race after the main races
Post-race festivities at Gentle Ben's: Awards, breakfast (free pancakes/eggs/bacon), mimosas & bloddy marys for purchase, costume judging, Ben’s Bells booth, photo booth and more!
Date and Time
The 20th anniversary of the event is on Valentines Day - February 14th, 2016.
4 Mile Relay: Winners will receive date night prizes sponsored by various Main Gate merchants and other local businesses. Participants in the Relay category are not eligible for individual awards. Remember - you don't need to be a romantic duo but you do have to show some form of PDA to claim a prize!
Categories: Combined age under 60, Combined age 60-79, Combined age 80-99, Combined age 100-119, Combined age 120+,
Flying Solo 4 Mile Individual Race: Top finishers overall and top three in 10-year age categories will receive awards sponsored by The Running Shop, Main Gate merchants and other local businesses.
Costume contest: Special prizes for best cotumes & best PDA. All event particpants are eligble!
Group challenge: The grand prize for the group challenge will be a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's Brewing Co.! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions. Too count as a member of your group you must sign up BEFORE race day!
This year’s race will benefit Ben’s Bells Project. Their mission is to inspire, educate and motivate each other to realize the impact of intentional kindness and to empower individuals to act according to that awareness, thereby strengthening our selves, our relationships and our communities.
Thanks to Main Gate, Spirit Messingham at Tierra Antigua Realty, The Running Shop & Gentle Ben's Brewing.